'My View' Header

'My View' Runner Chases The Severn Bore Nr Minsterworth At Sunrise. 13th January 2013

Welcome

Welcome to ‘My View ’ through painters eyes with a camera.

Navigate

Navigation

When you visit this page you will see the latest feature or interest, this will be replaced every few days or quicker and then drop off the page into ‘Archive Pictures’ and ‘View by Subject And News’ on the right side of the home page. Select your favourite subject or News for latest postings which will appear at the top of the lists.

All pictures are also available to see in ‘Archive Pictures’ by year and month

I hope you enjoy ‘My View’

Andy Sharpe

Saturday 12 January 2013

News Jessops Finished 11th January 2013 4.30pm



 Jessops 1935- 2013 11th January 4.30pm

I’m stood in Jessops Cheltenham talking to one of the staff, a long standing employee. He’s telling me, I have told about 150 people today that a lot of what you see in the press is not right, you know what journalists are like, saying it’s a crisis, when in fact there is no crisis, I try to go along with his rhetoric, at the same time feeling deep down this is it, the ship is finally going down. Months of just popping in the shop to find so little stock, a lack of frills approach to selling on a once thriving high street, now a distant memory in the world of one click purchase & being woken up the next morning by the postman with your shop on line experience, nicely packaged for some pounds less. Years came and went. In its hey day, a reliance we came to accept, Jessops will have it. Then, as if it was the last frame on the film, a young sales assistant said, we have to shut the shop, right now I’ve been told, that’s it.  

Personally I would like to thank all the staff at Jessops who over the years I always found to be polite and helpful.

Andy Sharpe