'My View' Header

'My View' Runner Chases The Severn Bore Nr Minsterworth At Sunrise. 13th January 2013

Welcome

Welcome to ‘My View ’ through painters eyes with a camera.

Navigate

Navigation

When you visit this page you will see the latest feature or interest, this will be replaced every few days or quicker and then drop off the page into ‘Archive Pictures’ and ‘View by Subject And News’ on the right side of the home page. Select your favourite subject or News for latest postings which will appear at the top of the lists.

All pictures are also available to see in ‘Archive Pictures’ by year and month

I hope you enjoy ‘My View’

Andy Sharpe

Sunday 27 January 2013

Changing Landscape HMV In Administration 15th January 2013



Changing Landscape

I never really ‘got’ looking for music in a shop; what the heck are they playing today. Right, where do I start looking for what I cannot hear! Instead, for me its what’s that sound as I switch the car radio on; who’s that singing on TV, who’s this as I plough through You Tube in between doing other work - what an amazing voice, wow, quickly followed by ‘1 click Amazon purchase’ that takes a couple of seconds and consigned to ‘that’s done then’. Some days later a little padded envelope looks up at me from the door mat, ah what a surprise, I’d forgotten about that, a warm glow fills me. Call me old fashioned but I still like getting my hands on a new CD, carefully studying the artwork inside that little clear plastic case, made from that extra special brittle plastic guaranteed to crack. If I’m lucky it even arrives shrink-wrapped. Sound is vision, or is vision sound - both to me of course as an artist. Quick, get it in the PC; it’s snatched like a dog waiting for the post at the letterbox. My heart flutters with anticipation; my mind starts working on this new voyage of audio delight. If I’m lucky its play it again, and again, and……….

No doubt many will miss HMV that went into administration on the 15th January 2013, not least the employees. It held its place in time, a modern day museum for an ever changing art form. Yet another victim in this changing world we’re in. And then one day – What? No CD’s anymore.....Oh my god! I never down load music; what’s an MP3 player anyway, never had one of those, what is the world coming to?

To be continued ….2026

Andy Sharpe 

Picture: HMV Cheltenham Store 5th December 2012