'My View' Header

'My View' Runner Chases The Severn Bore Nr Minsterworth At Sunrise. 13th January 2013

Welcome

Welcome to ‘My View ’ through painters eyes with a camera.

Navigate

Navigation

When you visit this page you will see the latest feature or interest, this will be replaced every few days or quicker and then drop off the page into ‘Archive Pictures’ and ‘View by Subject And News’ on the right side of the home page. Select your favourite subject or News for latest postings which will appear at the top of the lists.

All pictures are also available to see in ‘Archive Pictures’ by year and month

I hope you enjoy ‘My View’

Andy Sharpe

Saturday 16 April 2011

My first 2011 Damselfly sighting ' Large Red' 16.04.11 at 11.42am



Isn’t nature amazing. This morning was sunny and but for a cool breeze looked like it would be a nice day. Its April so I thought I’d better start thinking about Damselflies, they’ll be out soon, so when I got to South Cerney Water Park and it was cloudy with the usual low light I put to bed any ideas of seeing Damselflies. I did however park up in my usual place. I was just wandering about keeping an eye on the Great Crested Grebes with 2 new chicks on mums back when something flew past me, hmmm I thought, can’t be, its too cold. Then my wife gave the usual cry, Damsel. I’m on it, grabbed the camera with macro lens and started to try and get some shots in between getting caught in the dead bramble, ouch & low light. Sure enough it was the first of the year for me and right on time, well 5 days earlier, large red as is always the first I normally see and just the one, a repeat of last years first sighting and within about 20 yards of the same spot.