'My View' Header

'My View' Runner Chases The Severn Bore Nr Minsterworth At Sunrise. 13th January 2013

Welcome

Welcome to ‘My View ’ through painters eyes with a camera.

Navigate

Navigation

When you visit this page you will see the latest feature or interest, this will be replaced every few days or quicker and then drop off the page into ‘Archive Pictures’ and ‘View by Subject And News’ on the right side of the home page. Select your favourite subject or News for latest postings which will appear at the top of the lists.

All pictures are also available to see in ‘Archive Pictures’ by year and month

I hope you enjoy ‘My View’

Andy Sharpe

Sunday 10 April 2011

Burley Fields Lake & Farm Cheltenham 'Grass Snake' 09.04.11

A sudden rustle in the undergrowth had me turning round from taking pictures across the lake with the 70-300mm lens to see a tail fast disappearing under a dark hedge line. Moving quickly along the track, all the time trying to keep sight of a snake which looked approx 2ft long knowing I had the wrong equipment in my hands. It finally came to a stop after weaving its way through dark cover behind the trunk of a small bush where the dirt was exposed. About 4ft above the track I was on, I could see a small burrow near the bottom of a fence line to the next field bathed in the midday sun. Cows munching away on the grass. I guess this could be its home, it soon made off into the sun though after sniffing the air with its tongue. Hopefully when I go back I will be more prepared and get some better shots.