'My View' Header

'My View' Runner Chases The Severn Bore Nr Minsterworth At Sunrise. 13th January 2013

Welcome

Welcome to ‘My View ’ through painters eyes with a camera.

Navigate

Navigation

When you visit this page you will see the latest feature or interest, this will be replaced every few days or quicker and then drop off the page into ‘Archive Pictures’ and ‘View by Subject And News’ on the right side of the home page. Select your favourite subject or News for latest postings which will appear at the top of the lists.

All pictures are also available to see in ‘Archive Pictures’ by year and month

I hope you enjoy ‘My View’

Andy Sharpe

Monday 21 February 2011

Severn Bore Over Bridge, Gallery 20.02.11

Gloucester showed its support once again with a huge turn out to watch the Severn Bore.

Gloucester could rightfully be called ‘City Of Gloucester And Severn Bore’ as this natural event continues to draw great support. Certainly in my travels watching the event I have never seen so many people out watching as I did today. Even the low light and chill in the air failed to put people off, it certainly didn’t put off the surfing enthusiasts. A few surfers managed to catch the large swell just before the bridge for a nail biting ride on the wave and the rest looked up river with dashed hopes as the large swell made its way to Maisemore Weir.

I bet they come back in March though, so look forward to another brave display with the elements, going up river when it changes direction again, roll on March…