'My View' Header

'My View' Runner Chases The Severn Bore Nr Minsterworth At Sunrise. 13th January 2013

Welcome

Welcome to ‘My View ’ through painters eyes with a camera.

Navigate

Navigation

When you visit this page you will see the latest feature or interest, this will be replaced every few days or quicker and then drop off the page into ‘Archive Pictures’ and ‘View by Subject And News’ on the right side of the home page. Select your favourite subject or News for latest postings which will appear at the top of the lists.

All pictures are also available to see in ‘Archive Pictures’ by year and month

I hope you enjoy ‘My View’

Andy Sharpe

Sunday 16 January 2011

Sparrow In Low Light 16.01.11


Sparrow In The Rain 16.01.11

This is one of my Sparrows who head’s up a team of 7 but I noticed today another is tagging on. As birds go they must be amongst the messiest, throwing as much seed on the floor as they eat it seems. Still they are doing well but the winter is not over yet I fear, so will see how they do later in the spring.

The light was particularly low and raining of course. The feeder I have on a post which stands 2 meters away from me in my shed hide with a small opening 200mm x 140mm and a small shelf for additional support. I have thick pipe lagging on wooden rails for arms to lean against and have to spend hours sometimes waiting to get these type of shots.

Technical:  Ignore the next bit if you’re not into Photographic technicalities. 

This picture I decided to take at a fairly high ISO, so for the record ISO switched to on and at ISO 720 1/100 sec hand held at F/8 and at 240mm with -2.0 EV On Nikon D300 with MB-D10 battery pack and my Nikon AF-S VR 70-300 f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED lens I use so much and love; one of the best value lenses Nikon make in my opinion.

See my ‘Recommended’ at the side of the page for ‘Dale Photographic’ who  offer a superb service & professional support to all customers.