'My View' Header

'My View' Runner Chases The Severn Bore Nr Minsterworth At Sunrise. 13th January 2013

Welcome

Welcome to ‘My View ’ through painters eyes with a camera.

Navigate

Navigation

When you visit this page you will see the latest feature or interest, this will be replaced every few days or quicker and then drop off the page into ‘Archive Pictures’ and ‘View by Subject And News’ on the right side of the home page. Select your favourite subject or News for latest postings which will appear at the top of the lists.

All pictures are also available to see in ‘Archive Pictures’ by year and month

I hope you enjoy ‘My View’

Andy Sharpe

Tuesday 11 January 2011

Heron In Flight


Giving Me The Slip 09.01.11

South Cerney Angling Club Lake 1 & 2 Wick Water

I spent some time today taking pictures of the Heron, well trying anyway, he’s not always a welcome visitor to the lakes but as usual kept giving me the slip each time I got within shouting distance. The loud bang from the bird scare gas gun at best makes him blink, but any movement that seems like a mile away and he’s off. So, we have this on going battle, I move into position, he sees me the other side of the lake and takes off, so I move round the other side and he lands across the lake in front of me, where he takes flight again and this goes on and on, until he thinks he’s given me the slip and heads off to lake 1 or lake 23, I sneak off around the other side of lake 1 where the winter sun is getting low now , I’m lucky, I just about get into position by hiding behind a tree and get a few shots, still at 300mm and just about qualify as photographs worth viewing, this time it only took me about 2 hours !